Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Liebster Award



So this post will be a little different.  It's not going to be a fashion post because I have some exciting news.  My blog was given the Liebster award by Southern, Blessed, and Loved!!  How cool is that?  My blog got an award!!!!  This award is really cool because it helps new bloggers get noticed by other bloggers  and readers so they can start to get more followers.  I think this is such an awesome thing to do because it can be really challenging getting followers.  People just get busy, or they aren't into following, or they just don't know how.  So I am letting you know that you can follow my blog:)

On my home page, towards the bottom of the right side bar is a little area that say "followers"  you click on that and it asks you your name and voila you become a follower.  For a blogger, it's important to have followers because a) it let's us know that what we blog about is interesting to people, b) if a company wants to collaborate with a blogger having a high amount of followers looks great because then their product will be seen by more people, and c) let's be honest... it just makes us bloggers feel special and good about ourselves lol

So for this award I am asked a series of questions by Southern, Blessed, and Loved that I need to answer. So without further ado here we go!!

What is your go to item in your closet?
My go to item in my closet would have to be my accessories.  I think accessories are essential to any outfit because they complete it.  Not to mention that accessories are so girly and fun.  Who wouldn't want to wear them?
What is your favorite midnight snack?
That's easy quinoa and veggies.... Just kidding! More like popcorn with extra melted butter, salt, and garlic salt.  Yes I add garlic salt to my popcorn.  I don't know why or how I started that, but I did and I can't break the habit.
If you could Vacation, all expense paid where would you go and who would you take?
Ahhhh!  This is a hard question.  I would have to say England, Scotland, or Ireland.  I am obsessed with historical, and medieval times.  I think these countries have so much history and so much beauty just waiting to be discovered by me!  I would love to go with Tyler and my children, but first I'd just like to take Tyler with me.  That way we can do the things we'd like to do with out our kiddies being bored and we would be able to discover fun things for future vacations.
Do you hold another job besides blogging?
Yes, I am a nurse, a teacher, a story teller, a gourmet chef, a chauffeur, a housekeeper, a cheerleader, an entertainer, an artist, an insane playdoh maker, a singer, a laundress, and a best friend.  So essentially I am a stay at home mom :)
What do you find the hardest thing about blogging is? What is the easiest?
Because my blog is about fashion, it gets hard sometimes to load up the kids in the car and find a location to shoot for my outfits, and also the time that is required.  Tyler is a gem and takes all my photos, so it gets hard sometimes coordinating around his schedule.  Blogging is also hard sometimes because when you want to add a feature to your blog and it won't work I get frustrated and overwhelmed.  The easiest thing about blogging is writing and talking to my readers.  
If I could meet any celebrity what who would it be and what would we do?
This was a toughie, but I think I'd like to meet Princess Kate.  She seems like such a down to earth girl with such an eye for fashion.  I would make her give me a tour of Buckingham palace, and her place, and any other house or property that she has access too.  Then we would go shopping.  I may be privileged enough to meet the rest of the royal family and perhaps have some tea and crumpets with them!
What is my favorite thing to do on my day/weekends off?
Well since I am a stay at home mom, I don't get days off.  But if I am lucky and am able to enjoy some time to myself  I would either go shopping. (Shopping without kids is sooo amazing!!!!) Get a massage, or a pedi/mani, or just go someplace quiet where I can reconnect with myself and just relax
What do you I want to accomplish in the next five years? 
When I was a tween lol  my grandma taught me how to play the piano.  She quit teaching me after a little while since she wanted me to focus on playing the violin.  To this day I wish so badly that I could sit at a piano and know it so well that I could play anything.  So by the end of five years, I want to know how to play the piano... oh and attend NYFW by invitation :)
What is your favorite joke?
I don't have a favorite joke because more than half the time I don't understand them.  So I pretend to laugh and everyone always knows that I'm completely clueless.  
What blogs do you just love? 
I love Cara Loren
Pink Peonies
The Barefoot Blonde
Cleverly Yours
Carli Byble (she's not a blogger, but a you tube girl)

I had so much fun answering these questions.  Thank you Southern, Blessed, and Loved for giving me this award!

My turn to award other blogs:




Alright blogs here are the rules:
First off you need to post a link to my blog from yours
Answer all the questions 
Pass the award onto some blogs that have less than 200 followers
Create 10 questions for your nominated blogs
Let the Bloggers know they were given an award by informing them on their blog.  
Good luck and have fun.  Can't wait to read your answers!

**Questions**
If you could meet anyone (deceased or living) who would it be and why?
Who is your idol/hero?
If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?
Why did you begin blogging and who was your inspiration?
If you could spend a day with a blogger who would it be?
Who is your go to style icon?
What inspires you?
What is your favorite time of year?
If you had a second chance on one thing, what would you do over?
If you had an unimaginable amount of money, which charity or non-profit organization would you donate to?

Thanks lovees, for participating.  I hope you have fun answering the questions I thought up for you!  And readers I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little bit more.  Talk to you on Friday!  Hugs XXX
                                                                                                                                                  Jaimey









6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award! And thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to follow. I'll be sure to link to your blog once I post about the award! You're awesome!

    www.thesearchingproject.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so happy you'll be participating in the award. Sounds good. Let me know if you have any questions!

      Delete
  2. I really really enjoyed reading your answers! That wasbsoo sweet of southern, blessed and loved to give you the award!!! I am so glad there are more thoughtful people out in the world like you! Loves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha thanks Hailey Ham. It was fun answering them, and it was super sweet of Southern, Blessed, and Loved! Loves ya too!!

      Delete
  3. You're so welcome Soldiers Wife! I hope you participate in the Liebster Award!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tasja: omg!! Love it!! Thank yyoouuu <3 . I will definitely post this on my blog too as soon as I can alright? You will see :D

    ReplyDelete